1 Corinthians 4 (whole chapter)
Our daily lives can become routine and hum-drum when we repeat the same activities over and over, in a certain way and at a certain time. Spending time with God and reading His Written Word is no exception, sadly. As I read 1 Corinthians chapter 4 today, I felt that something was amiss, not just in my quiet time but how I've been living my life in every area. It wasn't the way or form of my prayers or any spiritual, but the fact that I'm just going about doing what I do, just to get it done and out of the way. Task upon task, activity upon activity. I felt empty, even though I was doing something. In the 1st verse, the words "mysteries of God" caught my attention, and as I finished reading the chapter and began to pray, I had come to realise that I have been looking everywhere but at God Himself. By that, I don't mean trying to picture what God looks like in my mind or something of that nature, but to simply be still and reflect on who God is, how great He is, what I do not yet know about Him, what He means to me, and so on. I wasn't aiming to get something from God so that I could feel better for the day, but my reflecting upon Him has changed something in me. Whereas before I was just busy trying to do what I need to do before the day is out, but now it seems that these things are not my main focus. Yes, I still have things to do and I must continue to do them, but in my heart and mind there is this constant sense that there is something higher and far above all that is earthly, and I believe that it is God Himself. To behold God with my soul is, perhaps, something that goes beyond what words can describe. But if there was one word that I would use to describe this moment, it would have to be captivating.
No comments:
Post a Comment