Just like to share a little bit about my day. I was getting ready to go out to buy a cake for my family, and in my mind I wanted to give someone a gospel tract as well. The thought of handing out a tract always made me fearful to some degree, but I wanted to do it so I prayed and asked God to give me the strength to carry out the task.
I went to the local cake shop and there was an Indian lady at the counter. She appeared emotionless as I made my selection and paid for my purchase. After she gave me the change, I handed her a "This Was Your Life" tract and told her that it was a booklet about Christianity. Needless to say, her response was anything but what I had hoped. She simply took the tract, said thanks in an equally emotionless tone and walked off to the back of the shop. It was at this point that I fumbled and dropped my change of coins she had given me. Embarrassed, I stooped down and picked up each coin and made for the exit as quickly as I could.
Although the whole experience left me thinking I could have held those coins tight enough in my grip that I wouldn't have drop them, I drove off with a smile on my face and later slightly watery eyes because the Lord had enabled me to accomplish something for Him. No matter how good or bad the response from people when I give out tracts, I always leave satisfied and joyful because this is the Lord's work; I have done my part and I leave the results to Him. I think this is a joy that only a true Christian's heart can feel because it is the same joy that our Lord Jesus Christ felt when He walked on earth and preached the gospel to the people around Him.
As many fervent Christians in the past have testified, when we share God's love with others we ourselves will grow closer and deeper in our love for our Lord Jesus. If you're a Christian, I would encourage you to share the gospel with others. The sense of victory, joy and, most of all, closeness with the Lord Jesus Himself, is priceless.
Lastly, there was one song I was listening to in my car that touched my heart as I was driving home. It's called "In My Weakness" from the album A Quiet Heart by SoundForth Singers And Orchestra. You can listen to a sample of it at http://www.oldchristianmusic.com/mproductpages/soundforth-singers--a-quiet-heart.html .
God bless.
Barry
praise God, beautiful testimony
ReplyDelete